The P-2 Full Certification Program is taught at the Point of the Mountain in Draper, Utah by Ken Hudonjorgensen. The Point is recognized as the top paragliding training site in the United States. Earning a P-2 certification permits qualified pilots to fly without an instructor present at beginner paragliding sites. According to the United States Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association (USHPA), the prerequisites for becoming certified as a P-2 pilot are:
- 25 flights
- 5 lessons
- Miscellaneous others …
At Two-Can Fly Paragliding, we believe that you simply need more time, practice, and experience than the USHPA recommends to make you a more proficient pilot, to keep you safe, and to instill greater personal confidence. Therefore, our P-2 Full Certification Program includes the following:
- Over 100 flights, so that you progress all the way through your most difficult first 100 flights while still under our care and instruction.
- As many lessons as are needed, in order for you to meet task proficiency goals and educational objectives.
- In-depth study, instruction, and practice of paraglider kiting techniques that are critical for paragliding efficiency and safety, and involves skillfully flying your paraglider in varying wind conditions over your head while you’re standing firmly on the ground.
- Loads of very beneficial ground school lessons extensively covering topics relating to weather patterns and cloud-type recognition, pre-flight check lists, aerodynamic features and air characteristics, air space rules and etiquette, maneuvers descriptions, flying hazards and emergency procedures, reserve chute deployment, and preferred attitude and state of mind analysis.
- The lesson packages offered by most paraglider training organizations in Utah and throughout the US ultimately result in an average charge of between $40 and $100 per flight, per course price. Whereas with Two-Can Fly Paragliding, you’ll be paying an average of only $15 per flight, and you will receive unlimited personal attention and consultation. Plus, you will be allowed to borrow DVD’s, books, and all other pertinent study materials needed to reinforce your paragliding learning expertise (a savings of more than $500).
- We will assist you in choosing the best equipment for your skill level and long-term goals, and will devote time during the latter part of your lessons in helping you get used to your new equipment. This ensures that you are already comfortable and dialed into your new equipment, and can therefore safely make the transition from instructor-guided flying to solo flying.
- After you receive your P-2 Certification rating and are done with the course, if you continue to keep improving on your skills and striving to satisfy flight and airtime prerequisites to become eligible for P-3 and P-4 certification, we will include the cost for your intermediate and advanced ratings certifications in this P-2 Full Certification Program (a savings of nearly $400)
Once you’ve obtained you P-2 Certification, Ken also offers thermal clinics, mountain flying clinics, cross-country flying clinics, out of state and out of country adventure flying tours, and much, much, more …