The Mountain Flying Clinic teaches important information about how to fly at “real” mountain sites that are obviously much different than hill-type sites where pilots are usually initially trained. This two-day event is geared specifically toward P-2 pilots, and should be taken as soon as possible after they complete their P-2 certification. Class instruction has been developed for those relatively new pilots who are now ready for a greater challenge and change of view.
The Mountain Flying Clinic or equivalent experience is a prerequisite for the Thermal Clinic and the Cross-Country Clinic.
What The Clinic Includes:
- Pilots will visit all of the flying sites and landing zones used on a regular basis in the Salt Lake Valley and Utah Valley.
- Each pilot will fly sites that are deemed most appropriate for their skill level (weather permitting).
- We will visit numerous appropriate, inappropriate, and surprise landing zones for evaluation.
What The Pilot Will Learn:
- How to pioneer a flying site.
- How to safely fly in the mountains.
- How to analyze the safety and potential for any particular flying site.
- How to quickly and appropriately plan the best approach to any landing zone.
- Weather tendencies, patterns, and considerations.
- P-2 rating.
- Spot landing proficiency.